My brother-in-law got married a few weeks ago and at their Korean reception, they served these amazing vegetable summer rolls cut into rounds like kimbap served with a simple Sriracha based sauce . They are so fresh, crunchy, healthy and delicious that I had to recreate them when I got home. Once you have all of the ingredients prepped, they are so easy to roll and set aside for lunch or dinner. Let’s get started! [Read more...]
Although I’ve already done a post for seaweed soup/miyuk gook before, I decided to make it again but this time using both clams and beef instead of just beef. The recipe is basically identical to the original post except for the additional steps of cooking the clam.
It is a simple soup to make using only 6 ingredients. Let’s get started!
Here is a roundup of some great gluten-free snacks that little ones will love and are perfect for on-the-go!
1.Happy Baby Organic Puffs - The perfect first snack for babies. It comes in 6 different flavors but sweet potato is our favorite.
2. Original Baby Mum-Mum – Great oblong shape for babies to hold and dissolves easily in their mouth.
3. Toddler Mum-Mum in Strawberry Flavor - A bit crunchier than the original mum-mums & the strawberry flavor is sweet and so good.
4. Bamboo Lane Crunchy Rice Rollers – Soft, crunchy and mildly sweet. Check your local Costco for a large pack or available on Amazon here.
5. Nature’s Path Honey’d Corn Flakes – Corn flakes with a hint of sweetness. Available at most large grocery stores. I use these as a snack, as cereal with milk, with yogurt and they are especially delicious crushed up and used for making chicken fingers (recipe to come).
6. Chocolate Chex – Your usual Chex with chocolate ones mixed in. Your kid(s) might end up just picking out the chocolate ones like mine do!
7. Peeled Snacks Much-ado-about-Mango - These are so good! I picked these up at Wegmans but after going back for more and more, I ordered them in bulk on Amazon.
8. Organicasaurus Baked Organic Corn Snack – Dinosaur-shaped cheddar cheese puffs? Enough said!
9. Wegmans Organic Boxed Raisins – Perfect size to take for on-the-go snacking or to add to a lunchbox.
10. Blue Diamonds Sliced Almonds – Sliced ones make it easier for little ones to eat. Rich in vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats. And for those of you with peanut-allergy concerns, Blue Diamond maintains a peanut-free facility!
11. Pop Chips BBQ – I had to save the best for last. These chips are amazingly good! The BBQ flavor is the best and is always sold out at local stores so I finally ordered them through Amazon in a pack of 24.
Hope you enjoyed the roundup. What are some of your favorite gluten-free snacks? Please leave a comment!
Hello and welcome to my first blog post! I am so excited to share my first recipe which is seaweed soup or miyuk gook. I’ve chosen this soup to start with because it has a very significant meaning in Korean culture. After giving birth, women eat this soup for several weeks afterwards to help with breastmilk production and restore blood loss from childbirth. This seaweed (wakame) has high levels of calcium, iron, iodine, folate and vitamins. Since seaweed soup is the first meal that mother’s have after giving birth to you, it is also a tradition to eat seaweed soup to celebrate your birthday.
It’s amazing how sometimes the simplest of foods can be so delicious. Take for example, these plain rice cakes/dduk that are made out of just rice flour, water and salt. [Read more...]